The entire island of Montréal comes alive in a sun-kissed surge of activity matched only by the incomparable warmth of Montréalers.
An incredible cultural effervescence infuses entertainment venues, among the best in the country, and spills out into the streets, home to major international events and a host of free shows.
In between the World Film Festival, International Jazz Festival, Just for Laughs Festival and FrancoFolies, a multitude of other summertime musts play out in an uninterrupted succession of music, laughter and images. Keen on exploring what the city has to offer and making new acquaintances, islanders revel in this huge open-air party from late spring to early fall, from daybreak to the wee hours the next morning.
Montréal is also a city of sportifs... walkers, joggers, cyclists and rollerbladers who take to the extensive network of cycling paths, as well as main city thoroughfares, major parks and even the Quays of the Old Port—booksellers beware! Then there are the tennis and football enthusiasts who flock to the city’s green spaces, or golf aficionados who arrange to meet and tee off at one of Montréal’s celebrated clubs, like the Royal Montréal Golf Club, North America’s oldest.
Summer in the city is also about rafting, jetboating, canoeing or kayaking on the Lachine Rapids, pedal-boating on city ponds, parasailing off the beach at Parc Jean-Drapeau or cooling off at any of the numerous outdoor pools dotting the island.
Our flair for living the urban outdoors is also evident in the number of outdoor theatre and film presentations, such as those at Lafontaine Park’s Théâtre de Verdure. Or for fans of electronic music, there’s Piknic Élektronik, the Sunday happening par excellence set amid Île Sainte-Hélène’s lush greenery. And let’s not forget the International des Feux Loto-Québec, when the world’s top pyrotechnic artists light up our night skies with dazzling bursts of fireworks.
The famous Jazz Festival is going on downtown during the tournament as well as the International Fireworks Competition.
For more information on Montreal, visit the Montreal Tourism Web site.
- Volunteers Schedule now available
- Only one week to go before the 4th Edition
- Montreal celebrates its 375th Anniversary!
- All information now available!
- Want to see our park?
- Welcome to the Tavistock Athletics - TOURNAMENT NOW FULL
- Welcome to the Amherst Lightning - ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT IN THE 14U
- Welcome to the CT DBI Lady Schooners - ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT
- Welcome to Halton Hills Hawks... Only 3 spots left !
- Only 4 spots left in the 14U
- 4 h 10 min agoQuebecFastPitch - L'horaire des bénévoles du tournoi des Rebelles est maintenant disponibles. The volunteers schedule of the Quebec... [Link] [...]
- 1 daysQuebecFastPitch - Plus qu'une semaine avant le début de la 4e Édition du tournoi invitation des Rebelles du Québec. Visitez le site... [Link] [...]
- 11 dayQuebecFastPitch - 😊 [Link]
- 12 dayQuebecFastPitch - Bravo les filles! Way to go girls! [Link]
- 26 dayQuebecFastPitch - Love it! [Link]